The Robert Rock Junior Golf Tour started in 2016 as a single event at Beeston Fields Golf Club in Nottingham in August. After a successful event with over 50 juniors attending, the parents and juniors asked Rob and Natalie if they would consider doing more events. In October 2016 they hosted their second event at Beeston Fields Golf Club. From this came their decision to run a Junior Tour over the Midlands. Each event has an 18 Hole Competition for all Juniors with Handicaps of 28 and less for Boys and 36 and Less for Girls. The boys play in Under 18 and Under 14 categories.
Running alongside the 18 hole event is a 9 hole event, this is for all Juniors Under 12 on the 1st of January 2021 who have 9 hole handicaps of 54 and less. The boys play a Gross and stableford event and the girls play a stableford event. This was aimed to encourage the younger juniors to play in events while still playing in official handicap events. There is an order of Merit running across all events where, the winner from each category will experience the chance to play 9 holes with the European Tour Winner Rob Rock at the end of the year. There are fantastic individual prizes for a variety of achievements on the days.
The Robert Rock Junior Mini Tour is a series of 9 hole events - aimed at Juniors under 10 who don't have handicaps yet but enjoy playing golf and want to experience playing in events. There will be various age categories - under 10's, under 8's and under 6's. The tees will be set out by the tour. We have have a relaxed atmosphere and prize presentation at all events. The Order of Merit for The Main Tour and the Mini Tour will be the 13 best scores to count out of the 26 events. At the end of the 26 events there will be a Grand Final at Notts Golf Club. The top performers from each category will be invited to participate. You can only enter these events if you DO NOT have any form of junior or adult handicap. If at any point throughout the season you obtain some form of 9 hole handicap you must inform the tour and move up to the 9 hole handicap event.
Together with Natalie Clarke, Robert set up the The Robert Rock Junior Golf Tour in 2016 which are a series of Junior golf tournaments run across the Midlands in the UK. It is open to all Junior Golfers under 18, with both 18 hole and 9 hole events. Robert and Natalie both come from PGA coaching backgrounds and fully appreciate the importance of promoting golf to youngsters, growing the game and giving them the opportunity to play and compete, whilst learning the correct etiquette and technique.
There are plenty of plans for the development and growth of The Tour over the next couple of years, so please stay tuned for further information. At all of our events we have the following categories, where prizes and order of merit points are awarded. Please find our more information about specific aspects of the Tour and it’s structure below by clicking on the tab headings.
- Under 18’s Boys – Gross. For handicaps of 12 and under.
- Under 18’s Boys – Net. For handicaps of 28 and under.
- Under 14’s Boys – Gross. For handicaps of 12 and under.
- Under 14’s Boys – Net. For handicaps of 28 and under.
- Under 18’s Girls – Gross. For handicaps of 12 and under.
- Under 18’s Girls – Net. For handicaps of 28 and under.
Under 12’s Boys.
- For handicaps of 54 and under.
- Gross and Stableford Formats.
- Red tees.
Under 12’s Girls.
- For handicaps of 54 and under.
- Stableford format.
- Red tees.
These events are played over 9 holes off forward tees set up by the tour, for juniors without handicaps.
- Under 10’s Boys.
- Under 10’s Girls.
- Under 8 Boys.
- Under 6 Boys.
***You can only enter these events if you DO NOT have any form of junior or adult handicap.
Our 2021 Order of merit runs from our first event at Whittington Heath on the 18th of February right through to our last event of the tour at Sleaford Golf Club on the 10th of October. Points are awarded at each event, up to and including the Grand Final. At the end of the Order of Merit, the top so many juniors in each of the 13 categories will qualify for our Grand Final at Notts Golf Club on the 25th of October. Your best 13 scores across the season will count towards the Order of Merit, you can play in as many events as you wish. Prizes are awarded at all events in all 13 categories. You must play in at least 8 events to be able to qualify for the grand final. The 4 majors on the schedule will carry Double OOM Points.
1st – 15 Points, 2nd – 10 Points, 3rd – 8 Points, 4th – 7 Points, 5th – 6 Points, 6th – 5 Points, 7th – 4 Points, 8th – 3 Points, 9th – 2 Points, 10th – 1 Point.
- The OOM will be your your 13 best finishes to count.
- You must play in at least 8 events to qualify for the grand final.
- The Top 6 on the OOM after the last event in the Under 18 boys will qualify for the Grand Final.
- The Top 6 on the OOM after the last event in the Under 14 boys will qualify for the Grand Final.
- The Top 6 on the OOM after the last event in the Under 18 Girls will qualify for the Grand Final.
- The Top 6 on the OOM after the last event in the 9 Hole Handicap Boys category will qualify for the Grand final.
- The Top 3 on the OOM after the last event in the 9 Hole Handicap Girls category will qualify for the Grand final.
- The Mini Tour qualifiers from each age group are as follows: Under 10’s – Top 4 / Under 8’s – Top 3/ Under 6’s – Top 2 / Girls – Top 3.
The Grand Final is complimentary for all the juniors who qualify, your points over your best 13 scores are carried into the Grand Final, the overall winners from the Grand Final in all 13 categories will receive a Coaching day with European Tour Winner Robert Rock plus more.
Become a Tour Member: All events are open to non members. 2021 memberships are available for you to join now. Membership open to the first 130 juniors who register.
£29.95 to join the tour. Tour membership includes:
- Robert Rock Junior Golf Tour Tote Goodies Bag.
- Bag Tag.
- 15% off each entry – you will pay members rates.
- 18 hole non member £19
- 9 hole non member £15
- Mini Tour non member £12
To join the Tour or enter an event, you can do so by clicking on the iframe links opposite, by contacting us via email at email@example.com or by calling events organiser Natalie Clarke on 07908 962008.