The Robert Rock Junior Golf Tour started in 2016 as a single event at Beeston Fields Golf Club in Nottingham in August. After a successful event with over 50 juniors attending, the parents and juniors asked Rob and Natalie if they would consider doing more events. In October 2016 they hosted their second event at Beeston Fields Golf Club. From this came their decision to run a Junior Tour over the Midlands. Each event has an 18 Hole Competition for all Juniors with Handicaps of 28 and less for Boys and 36 and Less for Girls. The boys play in Under 18 and Under 14 categories.
Running alongside the 18 hole event is a 9 hole event, this is for all Juniors Under 12 on the 1st of January 2022 who have 9 hole handicaps of 54 and less. The boys play a Gross and stableford event and the girls play a stableford event. This was aimed to encourage the younger juniors to play in events while still playing in official handicap events. There is an order of Merit running across all events where, the winner from each category will experience the chance to play 9 holes with the European Tour Winner Rob Rock at the end of the year. There are fantastic individual prizes for a variety of achievements on the days.
Together with Natalie Clarke, Robert set up the The Tour in 2016 which are a series of Junior golf tournaments run across the Midlands in the UK. It is open to all Junior Golfers under 18, with both 18 hole and 9 hole events. Robert and Natalie both come from PGA coaching backgrounds and fully appreciate the importance of promoting golf to youngsters, growing the game and giving them the opportunity to play and compete, whilst learning the correct etiquette and technique. At all of our events we have the following categories, where prizes and order of merit points are awarded. Please find our more information about specific aspects of the Tour and it’s structure below by clicking on the tab headings.
- Under 21 boys gross – 9 and Under handicap.
- Under 21 girls gross – 9 and Under handicap.
- Under 18’s Boys – Gross. For handicaps of 12 and under.
- Under 18’s Boys – Net. For handicaps of 28 and under.
- Under 14’s Boys – Gross. For handicaps of 12 and under.
- Under 14’s Boys – Net. For handicaps of 28 and under.
- Under 12’s Boys – Gross. Red Tees.
- U12 Boys – Net. Red Tees
- Under 18’s Girls – Gross. For handicaps of 12 and under.
- Under 18’s Girls – Net. For handicaps of 28 and under.
Under 12’s Boys.
- For handicaps of 54 and under.
- Gross & Net.
- Red tees.
Under 12’s Girls.
- For handicaps of 54 and under.
- Stableford format.
- Red tees.
These events are played over 9 holes off forward tees set up by the tour, for juniors without handicaps.
- Under 10’s Boys.
- Under 10’s Girls.
- Under 8 Boys.
***You can only enter these events if you DO NOT have any form of junior or adult handicap.
Our 2022 Order of merit runs from our first event at Formby Ladies on the 13th of march right through to our last event of the tour at The Astbury Golf Club on the 2nd of October. Points are awarded at each event, up to and including the Grand Final. At the end of the Order of Merit, the top so many juniors in all of the categories will qualify for our Grand Final at Little Aston Golf Club on the 24th of October. Your best 13 scores across the season will count towards the Order of Merit, you can play in as many events as you wish. Prizes are awarded at all events in all categories. You must play in at least 8 events to be able to qualify for the grand final. The majors on the schedule will carry Double OOM Points.
1st – 15 Points, 2nd – 10 Points, 3rd – 8 Points, 4th – 7 Points, 5th – 6 Points, 6th – 5 Points, 7th – 4 Points, 8th – 3 Points, 9th – 2 Points, 10th – 1 Point.
- The OOM will be your your 13 best finishes to count.
- You must play in at least 8 events to qualify for the grand final.
- The Top 6 on the OOM after the last event in the Under 18 boys will qualify for the Grand Final.
- The Top 6 on the OOM after the last event in the Under 14 boys will qualify for the Grand Final.
- The Top 6 on the OOM after the last event in the Under 18 Girls will qualify for the Grand Final.
- The Top 6 on the OOM after the last event in the 9 Hole Handicap Boys category will qualify for the Grand final.
- The Top 3 on the OOM after the last event in the 9 Hole Handicap Girls category will qualify for the Grand final.
- The Mini Tour qualifiers from each age group are as follows: Under 10’s – Top 4 / Under 8’s – Top 3/ Under 6’s – Top 2 / Girls – Top 3.
The Grand Final is complimentary for all the juniors who qualify, your points over your best 13 scores are carried into the Grand Final, the overall winners from the Grand Final in all 13 categories will receive a Coaching day with European Tour Winner Robert Rock plus more.
2020 Tour Winners
Congratulations to all order of merit winners from the 2020 Robert Rock Junior Golf Tour below. We hope to see you back again in 2021, an even better golfer.
Become a Tour Member:
All events are open to non members. 2022 memberships are available for you to join now. Membership is open to the first 150 juniors who register.
£45 to join the tour.
Tour membership includes:
Robert Rock Junior Golf Tour Towel personalised with Juniors name.
15% off each entry.
Entries open to members on the 1st of November and 1st of January to Non members.
To join the Tour or enter an event, you can do so by clicking on the iframe links opposite, by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling events organiser Natalie Clarke on 07908 962008.